It is October already, Berlin hasn't seen that much of a summer, and winter is already knocking on the doors. It's "getting colder"(hello Trickski;)), but: alas! We have some new Clubs around: Gretchen and Flamingo (hello Conny, we love your stuff!), where we can snuggle up and DANCE the cold away :)
Retrospect:
Off Recordings has released a great song "Our Thang" by Daniel Dexter and Nhan Solo:
Gomma Records from Munich has released some great stuff by Mercury, Telonius, Capablanca&T. Keeler (reviews online soon!) and jeudi records will hit the stores very soon with the new tune "Anymore" by Dr. Dru & Adana Twins from Hamburg, which will work very well on the dancefloor (review online soon!).
Finally, Trickski have put their new musicvideo of "Good time to pray" online, a good job by Goldener Westen! (Interview online soon!)
In spite of all those fantastic M&Vs, the most promising musicvideo release this year will be - I bet on it -by Brandt Brauer Frick, though - the "making of" stories and pictures are going online as soon as you can watch the video released by !K7 ;)
If you are interested in what those guys are doing - this is how BBC sees them:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-13918490
And HIGHGRADE Records is back with the HDO! Album review soon online!
Eats Everything was finally in Berlin and I am really looking forward now to the Coat of Arms stuff, by him and dearest Chris James teamed up.
Antonio Olivieri, Homework and Cocolores' releases are timeless, so I can highly recommend you to buy the records. BTW, keep also an eye on Kozak&Couleur, Marvin Hey and C.M.Y.K. - these guys will rock your parties, I promise!
Realized: There are so many awesome people out there - looking forward to all the collaborations with the best music labels of Germany :) Thank you so much for the suport so far, stylistberlin on facebook has hit the 500 mark last week - and the stylistberlin magazine is in preparation, so stay tuned!
Besides curating exhibitions (like Caro Clash), organizing parties, doing PR jobs and working for a film company, digging into music and writing and drawing stuff in my free time, I am also spending some time with literature. Too bad I missed the Frankfurter Buchmesse authors this year, but hey, I got the writing scholarship and will hopefully meet them in the future in persona ;) - after the thesis paper is done, that is. One of the reasaons I am not that much at parties any more... Today, I will be interpreting at a reading and for the radio in Dresden. Gotta hurry actually to catch the train in a bit.
Oh, yeah, I am starting to collect vinyls now - back to the roots! Discovered the love for vinyls <3
So you guys, think about what you loved once and haven't thought about in a long time...
Have a nice start in the week!
No comments:
Post a Comment