------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everybody knows Oliver $. His sets are fun, his music is deep and when he ends up his house-set with a sudden reggae song, you just wonder – how does he make it that the people just go about crazy?
Doesn’t matter WHERE he is playing, be it at Maria & Josef or at Rosi’s, Cocoon or Social Club, Panorama Bar with the made to play family or NYE at Alte Münze back to back with Justin Martin or at Villa (r.i.p.) with a dancing DJ Shir Khan by his side – you can be sure he gets the (sometimes very different) crowds rocking :)
*******
Thursday, 10. February 2011
stylistberlin: What are you doing at the moment?
Oliver $: It’s a Wednesday evening, I’m sitting in my studio and try to work out this interview.
stylistberlin: Olli, your sets are fantastic, because YOU have fun playing and mixing the set. What was the best set of 2010, if you can name any, and why?
Oliver $: Thanks, I always think I wanna make people dance and have fun in the club, but in general, I love to play music.
One of my personal highlights was early January when I played with my mates Nils Ohrmann & Justin Martin @Suicide Circus back to back for 4 hours. That was pretty awesome.
stylistberlin: Do you ever have moments where you would rather not play?
Oliver $: For sure. Sometimes when you play wicked stuff and nobody gets it.
stylistberlin: You are working as Oliver Dollar and also as Chubby Dubz with Gene Siewing. I saw Chubby Dubz is releasing a new single album "soon". When's the actual release date?
Oliver $: Yeah the new single is coming early March on sthlm audio and the album I think arround April on Loungin Records.
stylistberlin: Where do you get your inspirations for your music from?
Oliver $: I’m hearing a lot of different styles of music from folklore to classic jazz, dub, hip hop, Soul.....
stylistberlin: What collaboration are you looking forward to in 2011? / What are your plans this year?
Oliver $: Puh, hard question, first my album and there are definitely a few people around I wanna work with, but can’t really say something right now, but I'll let you know at the right time.
THANK YOU SO MUCH OR YOUR TIME, OLLI!
PS.
First single of the new Chubby Dubz album out now: Takin it back. Check out the review on Keep it Deep Blog(German)
Internet appearance:
Upcoming Gigs:
12.3.11 @Decadance Gent
02.4.11 @Pratersauna - Vienna
08.4.11 @The Nest - London
23.4.11 @Frison - Fribourg
03.6.11 @Social Club - Paris
17.6.11 @Luna Club - Kiel
08.07.11 @M.I.K.Z. - Berlin




No comments:
Post a Comment