Dub Incorporation hadn't been in Berlin for almost exactly two years, and just that long I hadn't seen the guys, which had remained as very funny, warm persons in my memory.
For the record release of their new album "HORS CONTROLE", they were on world tour now and paid Berlin a visit. I was so much looking forward to listen to the new songs live, since they had already put some of the tracks on youtube, i.e. "Tout ce qu'ils veulent".
Last time, they had rocked Lido, and this November, they were playing at the "new" Magnet Club, also in Kreuzberg, which used to be the cool 103 Club.
The first thing I did was purchasing the album. I forgot to bring more cash, otherwise I would have bought a whole bunch of albums :( My bad!
The second room with a DJ table and a bar was right next to the main floor, so ppl gathered there to smoke and have some drinks. Komlan joined us for a chat and soon Jéjé came by as well. It turned out they had had some time for sightseeing in Berlin, and they got sponsored by "some eyewear company". It runed out to be ic! Berlin , and a friend from ic! Berlin confirmed me immediately that the guys were there. What a small world!
The joy of seeing them and the expectations to hear them again grew and filled me with excitement. Hey, but isn´t the best present for someone who is performing music, a crowd that is excited and cheerful and happy? Well, that evening, it was all me ;)
The gig started with a Turkish-German rapper, which had quite a voice and slowly warmed up the audience, that seemed to be a bit shy at first sight:
And after a short pause, a drink and a cigarette (not me, though), it was time for the show:
Bouchkour as his best (sorry for the crappy pictures, I enjoyed the concert so much that I forgot to take some better ones...), with the new bassist Moritz. I think you can see all the guys except Zigo (Sorry! But you are very present on my other ones from afterwards haha).
Komlan and Bouchkour at their best, Frédéric, Jérémie and Idir(?)
Too bad I didn´t capture how much the crowd was getting crazy about these guys!
Another episode: Micha and Lisa, whom I hadn´t seen for ages and to whom I had mentioned being at Dub Inc. two years ago - they had missed it and now they were there, having bought the album far ahead me, and it just rounded up the nice eve.
A very self-absorbed DJ who was playing all sorts of songs (a bit too much of all) after the concert
GetWavey - I was looking for the three because I had conctact with them on facebook.
AND Philipp said JTRP are going to come to Berlin for the first set ever at Get Wavey next month. Wanted to check out what they played and how the crew was in beforehand.
AND Philipp said JTRP are going to come to Berlin for the first set ever at Get Wavey next month. Wanted to check out what they played and how the crew was in beforehand.
It turned out one of them was the roommate of one of my best friends and I already had seen him "at home".
Unfortunately, the crowd at Magnet was not really into the electro music after hours of reggae... (When I remember correctly, they played Cut to the Top, one of my favourites -might have been another song as well, they played loads of good stuff- but unfortunately, the ppl preferred to chill on the chairs or at the bar and watch the few ones dancing...)
We left for burgers and fotofix pictures soon afterwards, and I hope the crowd who got in there about 3am on a Thursday morning was nevertheless rocking the floor.
Look out for this one at the burger place in Xberg; no worries, Zigo got the permission to put it there ;)
Thank you so much Jérémie, for putting us on the guestlist and thanks to the rest of the team, you rocked the show and I really really loved to see and hear you again!
Wishing you the greatest success,
*stylistberlin







No comments:
Post a Comment