September 3 - October 9, 2010
(I know, it is late, but I have to post this anyway)
Late this summer, Antonio ran past my favourite local café window, when I was sitting just inside. (He is one of the persons who inspire me to work on my own skills and to never give up.) I hadn't seen him for ages. After a "cellar party" in X-Berg, I had ran into him on my way to Mauerpark and at the U8 stations several times, but it had been a long time we actually talked.
So he informed me about his vernissage, and I promised to come.
Which in the end, I did not manage to do, because after 9hrs of work and 6,5hrs diving course, I arrived home around 1am and just fainted.
I went to see the exhibition on the last day, October 9th, a Sunday. My student was late, so I enjoyed the silence of the gallery by myself. It was the first time I saw his new paintings after the Tape Modern exhibition last year, so I was really eager to see what was new.
Actually, one painting had already taken to the old airport in Tempelhof for another exhibition. But nevertheless, the whole work was impressive, seeing how the techniques had changed since 2006 and what he did with the colours. I really regretted not to have made it to the vernissage.
Here are some impressions:
Unfortunately, there was no such thing like a finissage after all. The guy sitting in the gallery did close the place sharp at 6pm and threw us out. (Not very nice!)
We were impressed by the precise brush-strokes, each filigran detail in his huge paintings was flawless. Some of his paintings (all oil on canvas) looked like huge photographs, finished with photoshop. Amazing how a human being can copy nature so precisely and yet create an entirely new work!
I am curios how his work will go on, since I have known him, he has shown so many different skills and directions. It is also my little desire to see this statue he made in 2003 in Madrid asap:
Antonio Santin lives and works in Berlin, but his works can be seen all over the world. For more information go to his website or subscribe to the newsletter for new exhibitions around the globe. Also, he has an artblog, where you can follow him as well.
Hope I could inspire you, too.
*stylistberlin
I am curios how his work will go on, since I have known him, he has shown so many different skills and directions. It is also my little desire to see this statue he made in 2003 in Madrid asap:
HOMENAJE A LA ANTIGUA UNIVERSIDAD DE MADRDID. Calle Pez. Madrid. 2003
Antonio Santin lives and works in Berlin, but his works can be seen all over the world. For more information go to his website or subscribe to the newsletter for new exhibitions around the globe. Also, he has an artblog, where you can follow him as well.
Hope I could inspire you, too.
*stylistberlin









No comments:
Post a Comment